Northwest Home and Building Inspectors Association lead the way with online classrooms via zoom. All schools require rules for engagement. Therefore here is our late-to-class statement. Admin will approve re-entry to the course after the start time. However, NO CE credit can be earned for those entering for the first time past the 20-minute mark of the first hour of class. No exceptions.
To minimize the duration of time needed to complete your education credits, NWHBIA education sessions are sometimes 2hr installments. Remember, this means 4hr classes require you to come back for the conclusion or part 2.
Unfamiliar with Zoom online meeting tool? You do not have to have a Zoom account to attend a Zoom meeting or interview. You will be prompted to download the software, once you have clicked on the link that you have been provided via your email address. You may also wish to create an account, but that is not required to participate in a Zoom meeting.
Northwest Home and Building Inspectors Association Tips for Taking Online Classes
- Treat an online course like a “real” course.
- Hold yourself accountable.
- NWHBIA’s commitment to quality, three interactive roll calls will occur.
1- At the course commencement
2- Upon our return from break
Failure to respond to any roll call event will result in your inability to qualify for CE credit certification. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Practice time management, courses will stay on tempo – start and finish as published.
- Eliminate distractions, set up for success
- Actively participate, use chat.
- The event will be recorded for accuracy and accountability and compliance with D.O.L.